Dr. Pamela Wiggins is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator. She mediates issues related to Family Law through private practice in all circuits in the State of Florida, and travels to all circuits to serve clients.
Over 12 years combined experience in:
- Child welfare and advocacy of the best interest of abused, neglected, and abandoned children
- Dependency mediation
- Children involved in dissolution of marriage
- Effects of dissolution of marriage on children
- Knowledge of the operations of the Florida State Courts System- Family, Dependency (Child Welfare), and Guardian Ad Litem program
- Knowledgeable of Florida Statues related to Family and Dependency Court
- Case staffing with attorneys
- Working with social services agencies in Florida and Georgia
- Issues and dynamics of child abuse, neglect, and domestic violence
Areas of Practice-
What is Mediation?- Mediation is a process where a neutral unbiased third party called a Mediator, acts to encourage and facilitate the resolution of a dispute between two parties. Mediation is an informal and non adversarial process with the goal of helping the disputing parties reach an agreement they both voluntarily agree upon and accept. Mediation can occur (unless otherwise determined by a circuit judge) before you file for divorce to avoid a lengthy and costly divorce or custody hearing. Unlike the court process, in mediation, the decision making authority rests with the parties, not the Mediator or the courts. The role of the Mediator includes, but is not limited to: helping the parties identify issues brought to mediation; helping parties foster joint problem solving; and looking at various agreement alternatives to reach a successful mediation.
Family Mediation Includes- Mediation of issues related to Family Law matters such as:
- Married and unmarried persons
- Before and after judgments involving dissolution of marriage
- Property division
- Shared and sole parental responsibility
- Child support
- Custody issues
- Time sharing
Contact me to set up a mediation appointment.
Call to Set Up a Free Consultation.